1. Our common welfare should come first. Personal recovery depends upon God's grace and our willingness to get help.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—a loving God as He expresses Himself through His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for Overcomers Outreach membership is a desire to stop addictive or compulsive behaviour.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or Overcomers Outreach as a whole.
5. The primary purpose of each group is to serve as a "bridge" between traditional 12 Step groups and the church. We carry the message of Christ's delivering power to individuals and family members both within and without the church who still suffer.
6. An Overcomers Outreach group uses The Holy Bible along with the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous for its tools of recovery. Outside enterprises are prayerfully evaluated lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
7. Every Overcomers Outreach group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. Overcomers Outreach groups should remain forever non-professional, but our Service Centres may employ special workers.
9. Overcomers Outreach, as such, ought never be organized, but group coordinators network with the Central Service Centre, seeing that the group is facilitated through adherence to the Freed Book's "Meeting Format" and rotation of leadership.
10. Overcomers Outreach is, without apology, a Christ-centred recovery group; however, persons of all faiths are welcome. Discussions of doctrine should be avoided; our focus must be upon our mutual recovery.
11. Our public relations policy is based upon attraction rather than promotion; we need to always seek the Holy Spirit's discernment whenever sharing in the media, in order to maintain personal anonymity of all Overcomers Outreach group members.
12. Jesus Christ is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities. We claim God's promise that His power can set us FREE!