1. PREPARE (dedicate/commit/protect) - "In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" - "Behold I stand...." A precious promise of God (Rev 3:20) - "Fill me with your Holy Spirit" – Lord's Prayer - "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find - "Knock and it will be opened to you" - "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness" Matt.6:33
2. COUNT my blessings - a full inventory....get in there first with gratitude - an altered attitude (AA) starts with a full and thankful heart - brimming with gratitude, love and forgiveness
3. REPENT - remorse or repentance? Self diagnosis. CHANGE DIRECTION. - "I'm sorry". Put right what I can. God will put right the rest. - Cast the burden on the Lord "My yoke is easy" Matt. 11:28-30
4. BELIEVE/ASK/PRAY - 'the effective fervent prayer' James 5:16 - Believe you have already received it..... - Do not doubt in your heart.... - Believe for all other people, institutions, principles, places and things can be overcome by the power of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
5. LISTEN - use a notebook to capture your thoughts - "seek ye first...." Again. Turn 180degrees with God in front of you... - Seek God's plan and will for my life (John 7:17) - "trust in the Lord always and lean not....." (Prov. 16:16) - "this is the way. Walk ye in it" (Isaiah 30:21) - Quiet time. Silence. Listening to that still small inner voice.
6. SHARE - check with others. Listen together. Share our guidance - is it honest, pure, unselfish, loving? Does it benefit marriage? - Is it right? Ask – what is right? NOT who is right? Act on it - Correction and direction found by listening to others in this light
7. OBEY - the secret of the Father's will lies in that little word 'obey' - find some way to put your faith into action today - try thoughtfulness, caring, kindness - live the two commandments of NT and the 10 of the old testament - 12 steps: do the next right thing. "freely have you received, freely give"
8. THANK GOD (Praise HIM) - for personal change, for any small progress. Gratitude for every little thing - "give thanks in all things" (1 Thess 5:16) - Go joyfully into the day, filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:52)