- PREPARE (dedicate/commit/protect) – “In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit” – “Behold I stand….” A precious promise of God (Rev 3:20) – “Fill me with your Holy Spirit” – Lord’s Prayer – “Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find – “Knock and it will be opened to you” – “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness” Matt.6:33
- COUNT my blessings – a full inventory….get in there first with gratitude – an altered attitude (AA) starts with a full and thankful heart – brimming with gratitude, love and forgiveness
- REPENT – remorse or repentance? Self diagnosis. CHANGE DIRECTION. – “I’m sorry”. Put right what I can. God will put right the rest. – Cast the burden on the Lord “My yoke is easy” Matt. 11:28-30
- BELIEVE/ASK/PRAY – ‘the effective fervent prayer’ James 5:16 – Believe you have already received it….. – Do not doubt in your heart…. – Believe for all other people, institutions, principles, places and things can be overcome by the power of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
- LISTEN – use a notebook to capture your thoughts – “seek ye first….” Again. Turn 180degrees with God in front of you… – Seek God’s plan and will for my life (John 7:17) – “trust in the Lord always and lean not…..” (Prov. 16:16) – “this is the way. Walk ye in it” (Isaiah 30:21) – Quiet time. Silence. Listening to that still small inner voice.
- SHARE – check with others. Listen together. Share our guidance – is it honest, pure, unselfish, loving? Does it benefit marriage? – Is it right? Ask – what is right? NOT who is right? Act on it – Correction and direction found by listening to others in this light
- OBEY – the secret of the Father’s will lies in that little word ‘obey’ – find some way to put your faith into action today – try thoughtfulness, caring, kindness – live the two commandments of NT and the 10 of the old testament – 12 steps: do the next right thing. “freely have you received, freely give”
- THANK GOD (Praise HIM) – for personal change, for any small progress. Gratitude for every little thing – “give thanks in all things” (1 Thess 5:16) – Go joyfully into the day, filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:52)